Saturday, July 7, 2012

Week 27 Review: The Fine Art of Truth or Dare

From Goodreads:
Pretty in Pink meets Anna and the French Kiss in this charming romantic comedy.

Ella is nearly invisible at the Willing School, and that's just fine by her. She's got her friends - the fabulous Frankie and their sweet cohort Sadie. She's got her art - and her idol, the unappreciated 19th-century painter Edward Willing. Still, it's hard being a nobody and having a crush on the biggest somebody in the school: Alex Bainbridge. Especially when he is your French tutor, and lessons have started becoming, well, certainly more interesting than French ever has been before. But can the invisible girl actually end up with a happily ever after with the golden boy, when no one even knows they're dating? And is Ella going to dare to be that girl?

My Review:
I enjoyed this book a ton! I loved these characters, from Ella, Frankie, Sadie, and Alex! They were really great to read about, and the situations that they got into, well, yeah, again, so great to read about! Just really enjoyed this book!

Ella, to read about, was really great! She was easy to identify with, especially for me, since in school, I was invisible, too, though I didn't have friends like Frankie or Sadie. But like Ella had art, I had books, so it all worked out well!

Her obsession with the painter, was really cute! Reading the letters between him and his wife, and just how deeply she was going into her life, compared with the romance that she has with Alex, how laid back it was, was really great!

The one thing that I wanted, but I know isn't in character with Ella, was for Ella to stand up to Amanda. Amanda wasn't nice to Ella, and it would've been really great if Ella'd stood up to her! But like I said, I know that isn't Ella's character!

What a great book, really enjoyable and entertaining, nice and light!

Author: Melissa Jensen
Read: July 3rd, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a great, great book, and it's a LLFL book!
Publisher: Speak
Published: February 16th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!