Saturday, July 7, 2012

Week 27 Review: Once

From Goodreads:
Read "happily ever after" with this magical repackage that includes three enchanting, retold fairy tales. In this value-priced bind-up of three beloved retellings, readers will journey to faraway fairy tale lands. Before Midnight revisits Cinderella's story in France, Golden puts a new spin on Rapunzel's romance, and Wild Orchid reimagines the Chinese tale of Mulan. With so much real-life drama in today's busy world, Once allows readers to escape into whimsical realms where every story has a happily ever after.

My Review:
I enjoyed reading this bind up so much! There were some really great little things that made them so good. I've only seen the Disney movies, so having these books, they felt more real, and I just really enjoyed it so much! They were just really awesome stories!

Like the retelling of Cinderella, with her father alive, and the stepmother not wicked, though one step-sister was pretty mean for a while, Before Midnight was awesome! I wish things could've been a bit fleshed out a bit, but, oh, well!

And in the retelling of the Rapunzel story, that was really great! That Rapunzel was the one with no hair, and that the sorceress that raised her, that her daughter was the one in the tower with the hair, was really great! What a different ending, too!

But of all the stories, Wild Orchid was my favourite. Mulan the Disney movie has some really great songs, and this book, this retelling, with the princes finding out that she was a girl, and still letting her fight, was really great! Great, great, great book!

These stories were real, and they happy endings. Just a hopeful bind up! Really enjoyed it!

Author: Cameron Dokey
Read: July 3rd, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like great books in 1 place, and its a YAHFC book!
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Published: February 2nd 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!