Saturday, September 22, 2012

Week 38 Review: Social Suicide

From Goodreads:
Twittercide: the killing of one human being by another while the victim is in the act of tweeting.

Call me crazy, but I figured writing for the "Herbert Hoover High Homepage" would be a pretty sweet gig. Pad the resume for college applications, get a first look at the gossip column, spend some time ogling the paper's brooding bad-boy editor, Chase Erikson. But on my first big story, things went . . . a little south. What should have been a normal interview with Sydney Sanders turned into me discovering the homecoming queen-hopeful dead in her pool. Electrocuted while Tweeting. Now, in addition to developing a reputation as HHH's resident body finder, I'm stuck trying to prove that Sydney's death wasn't suicide.

I'm starting to long for the days when my biggest worry was whether the cafeteria was serving pizza sticks or Tuesday Tacos. . .

My Review:
I loved reading this book so much! It was just as hilarious as it's predecessor, and yeah, I'm really glad that there's going to be a 3rd book, well, there's supposed to be, well, that means more time, and I want more time!

So it seems that she's developing a reputation, of murders, and her solving them. And that's a bit of a mixed bag-it's not something most people who aren't cops or mystery authors are known for, but it's being known for something to deal with death. Which isn't fun, and a reason why most people aren't known for it.

The mystery, with it's twists and turns, was just really fantastic! Even better then the first one, which I would've thought would've been hard to do, seeing as the first one was a bit more personal then this one. But it was so good. I mean, twittercide? A new, but upcoming thing of what people are doing while dying!

I really, really want a 3rd book! We need some book time where Hart and Chase can have some real dating time, like, not spending time together for non-romantic reasons. Because they are such a great couple, I want to read about that!

This was a really fantastic book, and I would really just love more!

Author: Gemma Halliday
Series: Deadly Cool #2
Read: September 21st, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a Sophomore Challenge book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: April 24th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!