Saturday, September 22, 2012

Week 38 Review: Surrender

From Goodreads:
Forbidden love, intoxicating power, and the terror of control…

Raine has always been a good girl. She lives by the rules in Freedom. After all, they are her father's rules: He's the Director. It's because of him that Raine is willing to use her talent—a power so dangerous, no one else is allowed to know about it. Not even her roommate, Vi.

All of that changes when Raine falls for Gunner. Raine's got every reason in the world to stay away from Gunn, but she just can't. Especially when she discovers his connection to Vi's boyfriend, Zenn. Raine has never known anyone as heavily brainwashed as Vi. Raine's father expects her to spy on Vi and report back to him. But Raine is beginning to wonder what Vi knows that her father is so anxious to keep hidden, and what might happen if she helps Vi remember it. She's even starting to suspect Vi's secrets might involve Freedom's newest prisoner, the rebel Jag Barque...

My Review:
It was really awesome to be able to read this book! It was basically was the second half of Possession was, all weird and confusing, but in a way that felt a bit dreamy, so it was way easier to read and understand then Possession's ending! Which was really great!

So this book really stars Raine and Gunn, but it also has Vi and Zenn, and also Jag, which is really fantastic! I enjoyed having the new characters who were with the old ones, and just how much the world grew in this book! That was really great!

One thing that I'm confused about, is that they went to break Jag out of his cell. They talk, and then they leave him there to go to break him out a couple of days later. That just doesn't make sense! So I'm wondering what I missed by reading too quickly!

Loved how it ended, because they're temporarily out of the reach of the bad guys, and they're together, and everybody seems to be in their right minds! Which means that the 3rd and final book is going to be a big confrontational book, I think!

I just enjoyed this book so much, it was a really great sequel, and I can't wait for the final book!

Author: Elana Johnson
Series: Possession #2
Read: September 17th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Really enjoyed book 1, and it's a 2012 Dystopian book, WoW book, and Sophomore Challenge book!
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Published: June 1st 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!