Saturday, September 29, 2012

Week 39 Review: Nightshade

From Goodreads:
A dark, gothic tale of romance… and murder. The latest book in the grippingly dark series, The Poison Diaries. Our heroine, Jessamine, has lost her faith in the men she loved, and her innocence as well. She turns to the dark side and plots to kill her father, using his own poisons, before becoming an assassin, a poisoner for hire. Can she recover from her heartache and reunite with her true love, Weed? Find out in this thrilling story where poisons, darkness and horror are a part of everyday life, and love is the only cure.

My Review:
This was a pretty great book! I didn't enjoy it as much as The Poison Diaries, but it was still pretty great! It was much darker, and yeah, it was pretty darned entertaining, with all the new and dark things that were happening!

So after the ending of The Poison Diaries, I really wanted to read this book. And it picks up pretty quickly, which is what I wanted, because I wanted to know what was going to happen next, after that big mess that was the ending of the last book.

Yeah, this book is definitely darker then the first book, the poison prince is in Jessamine's head, and yeah, her new-found job as an assassin, and being apart, especially after the betrayal. And then there were times when they were just so close, but then it didn't work out for them, and that sucked!

 Lots of pretty bad things happen in this book. You think of the Dante's Inferno, well, this is kinda similar, the first one was the decent, this one is going through hell, and hopefully the last one will get the characters to a good place, to paradise, you know? I'm pretty sure that's the order of events in the Dante series, at least!

Such a fantastic book, really enjoyable, and I want the 3rd, and probably final, book now!

Author: Maryrose Wood
Series: The Poison Diaries #2
Read: September 26th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Really enjoyed the first book, and it's a YAHFC book!
Publisher: Balzer & Bray
Published: June 9th 2011
5/5 Hearts
2/5 Books
2/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!