Saturday, September 29, 2012

Week 39 Review: Darkness Before Dawn

From Goodreads:
Only sunlight can save us.

We built the wall to keep them out, to keep us safe. But it also makes us prisoners, trapped in what's left of our ravaged city, fearing nightfall.

After the death of my parents, it's up to me--as the newest delegate for humanity--to bargain with our vampire overlord. I thought I was ready. I thought I knew everything there was to know about the monsters. Then again, nothing could have prepared me for Lord Valentine . . . or his son. Maybe not all vampires are killers. Maybe it's safe to let one in.

Only one thing is certain: Even the wall is not enough. A war is coming and we cannot hide forever.

My Review:
I wasn't expected this book. It's a DAC book, so that meant that I had no idea how good this could be, beyond other people's reviews, and I tend to avoid those, besides when I'm going hunting for details that I've forgotten for my reviews (like names and the such!) So yeah, wasn't expecting too, too much out of this book.

But it gave me so much! Such a great vampire book, and how the world is set up, well, not so easy for us humans, but other then that, well, not the best place to live in, because it's slid back in terms of technology and such!

This book reminded me a bit of The Immortal Rules, but kinda the opposite, in terms of the cities. That the vampires are outside the city, but still have the majority of the power, well, humans still have a bit of power in this series!

I loved the characters in these books! And I can't wait to see them again! But there were also a few other things going on, like her job as the delegate. And her new, maybe romance. Oh, and her brother. Yeah, lots going on!

Really enjoyed this book, it was really entertaining, and I can't wait to read more!

Author: J.A. London
Series: Darkness Before Dawn #1
Read: September 23rd, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Looked really good, and it's a DAC book and a 2012 Dystopain book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: May 29th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!