Saturday, September 15, 2012

Week 37 Review: The Shadow Society

From Goodreads:
Darcy Jones doesn't remember anything before the day she was abandoned as a child outside a Chicago firehouse. She has never really belonged anywhere—but she couldn't have guessed that she comes from an alternate world where the Great Chicago Fire didn't happen and deadly creatures called Shades terrorize the human population.

Memories begin to haunt Darcy when a new boy arrives at her high school, and he makes her feel both desire and desired in a way she hadn't thought possible. But Conn's interest in her is confusing. It doesn't line up with the way he first looked at her.

As if she were his enemy.

When Conn betrays Darcy, she realizes that she can't rely on anything—not herself, not the laws of nature, and certainly not him. Darcy decides to infiltrate the Shadow Society and uncover the Shades' latest terrorist plot. What she finds out will change her world forever . . .

In this smart, compulsively readable novel, master storyteller Marie Rutkoski has crafted an utterly original world, characters you won't soon forget, and a tale full of intrigue and suspense.  

My Review:
Reading this book was really fantastic! Such an incredible world, it was really original and unique, and reading more about it was really fantastic! And I wouldn't mind this being a series! Yeah, that's how much I enjoyed this book!

So the idea of multi-universes, well, yeah, I love it, because of all the different worlds there could be. And the world were the Great Chicago Fire didn't happen-and the whys and hows of that, and how it's affected the world, was really fantastic!

I think my favourite character has to be Jims! As Darcy's friend, and how he was connected to everything, well, yeah, he was as a really fantastic character, and I loved reading about him! So awesome to do so!

The twists and turns that brought this book to the ending, they worked perfectly! There was that hint that things were more then they seemed, and as the book went on, those hints provided a suspicion-but not as far as where the book went, and yeah, that was really great!

I just really enjoyed this book so much! It was just so darned entertaining!

Author: Marie Rutkoski
Read: September 14th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded like a great book! And it's a 2012 Dystopian book!
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux
Expected Publication: October 16th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!