Saturday, September 15, 2012

Week 37 Review: Beautiful Disaster

From Goodreads:
The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn't drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand. 

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby's resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis's apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

My Review:
Gah, this book was really fantastic! I'm so glad that I got a chance to read this book, because it was awesome, I enjoyed it so much, Abby and Travis were just so great to read about! Such an incredible book, and I'm glad that it's a series, because oh, boy, do I want to see more of them!

We know that Abby has secrets. She's running and hiding from her past, and has changed herself. But Travis brings out the more confrontational, passionate version that she was trying so hard to bury. And that was a lot of fun to read!

And then there's Travis, who's mom died when he was young. The big hotshot of the college, the one every guy wants to be and be friends with, and the one all the girls want to be with. And he had something of a temper problem, which Abby clashes with, with her own, but yeah, they might be a high-passion couple, but they love each other!

This book just sucked me in, it had a lot going on, like Abby's dislike of 13, because of her past, and their romance. The action was so good, from the boy that she dated, to the fights that Travis participated in. And the Vegas trips! This book was just so good!

I enjoyed, and loved this book so much! I can't wait to see it from Travis's side in the next book!

Author: Jamie McGuire
Series: Beautiful #1
Read: September 10th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded like a good book!
Publisher: Atria Books
Published: August 14th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!