Saturday, September 29, 2012

Week 39 Review: Shine

From Goodreads:
In this dramatic conclusion to the Shade trilogy, Aura and Zachary's relationship sizzles as the secrets of the Shift are revealed.

Life can change in an instant, and no one understands that better than Aura. It's been almost a year since her boyfriend tragically died. She's finally letting go of Logan's violet-hued ghost, but not her search to uncover the truth about her past.

As the first in a generation that can see ghosts, Aura is convinced she has a connection to the Shift. She's trusted Zachary, ever patient and ever by her side, with all that she knows. But when the government threatens his life in an attempt to learn Aura's secrets, she will stop at nothing to protect herself and the one she loves...even if that means betraying her own heart.

My Review:
I just loved reading this book so much! I've enjoyed this series so much, and it was really great to see where things ended up! It was really, really great! Things are built up even more, and then they're resolved, and it's so great!

I have to say, that in this case, that I like the cover changes. Even though they happened now, instead of earlier. Because this cover, and the redesigned covers for Shade and Shift, are so much better then the original ones! But only in this case! I think this is the only case that I know of that this is that way!

All the emotions that is Logan being dead for the majority of the book, well, they can finally, really and truly mourn him in this book. There was a lot going on, as well, with the government, and Zach, so yeah, there was a lot going on!

I do feel that the ending was a bit disjointed. The bad guy was there for one chapter, and then gone the next. So that was a bit weird. But other then that, it was a really fantastic ending to the series, and I enjoyed it so much!

I really hope that Jeri Smith-Ready writes more YA books, because I've enjoyed this series so much! Such a great book!

Author: Jeri Smith-Ready
Series: Shade #3
Read: September 24th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Loved the first 2! Had to finish the series!
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Published: May 1st 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!