Saturday, September 22, 2012

Week 38 Review: Forbidden

From Goodreads:
She should not exist.

He should not love her.

Claire Brennan has been attending Emerson Academy for two years now (the longest she and her mom have remained anywhere) and she's desperate to stay put for the rest of high school. So there's no way she's going to tell her mom about the psychic visions she's been having or the creepy warnings that she's in danger.

Alec MacKenzie is fed up with his duties to watch and, when necessary, eliminate the descendants of his angelic forefathers. He chose Emerson as the ideal hiding place where he could be normal for once. He hadn't factored Claire into his plans. . . .

Their love is forbidden, going against everything Alec has been taught to believe. But when the reason behind Claire's unusual powers is revealed and the threat to her life becomes clear, how far will Alec go to protect her?

My Review
:
Oh, man, reading this book was just so good! I loved every detail about this world, it was just so fantastic to read about! And the characters, oh, man, they went through some hard things, but they won in the end!

This world, of angelic forefathers, and everything else, was really fantastic to read! I just enjoyed it so much, it was different, a different take on angels. It was just thoroughly enjoyable, entertaining, and I just really loved reading it!

These characters made this book! They were part of this world, with parts of their specifics, but the individuals, they were the ones that made up this book into the one that it was! And I just really enjoyed reading about them!

I would really love for this book to have a sequel, or two, for multiple reasons. Like, I enjoyed this book so much, and want more! And because while a lot of threads were tied up, not all of them were, and I want to see where they'd go!

I just really enjoyed this book! It was just a pleasure to read!

Authors: Syrie James and Ryan M. James
Read: September 19th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a great book, and it's a DAC book and a WTC Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: January 24th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!