Saturday, September 29, 2012

Week 39 Review: Alice in Zombieland

From Goodreads:
She won't rest until she's sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.

Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that's all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.

Her father was right. The monsters are real….

To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn't careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies….

My Review:
I love reading Gena Showalter books! Especially when I own the book I hold in my hands, and seeing as it's a Gena Showalter book, 10 to 1, I own it, because I have to have a physical copy of my favourite author's books! And yeah, it was just a pleasure to read this book!

First, the zombies! So awesome, and unique, that they were spirits, not bodies that want brains, that is just so awesome! Never read about this kind of zombie, because I don't think it's ever happened before. So yeah, absolutely loved that, and all the world building that went into that, so fantastic!

Ali, and Cole! They were awesome, bad asses, and from how they see visions of the future when they lock gazes for the first time they see each other each day, to how they're such awesome fighters, how it just comes naturally to her, and how he was having a getting to know you thing for her, and then just shot off things about himself so they would start dating, that was just so cute!

There are some costs to what they do. From the deaths of her family, which hurt a lot, but built her up stronger-and she still got to see her sister, as a Witness, which was pretty cool!-for the things to come, because this just the first book! And then the loss of her grandfather, and then having to ash her dad. Not fun. But she has Cole, so it's easier!

This was such a fantastic, enticing, wonderful book, one I'm so glad exists, and I just can't wait for the next book!

Author: Gena Showalter
Series: White Rabbit Chronicles #1
Read: September 28th, 2012
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Sounded fantastic, and it was by Gena Showalter! And it's a Reward Challenge Book!
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Published: September 25th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!