Saturday, September 29, 2012

Week 39 Review: Rift

From Goodreads:
Sixteen-year-old Ember Morrow is promised to a group called Conatus after one of their healers saves her mother's life. Once she arrives, Ember finds joy in wielding swords, learning magic, and fighting the encroaching darkness loose in the world. She also finds herself falling in love with her mentor, the dashing, brooding, and powerful Barrow Hess. When the knights realize Eira, one of their leaders, is dabbling in dark magic, Ember and Barrow must choose whether to follow Eira into the nether realm or to pledge their lives to destroying her and her kind.

My Review:
I really enjoyed this book a lot! Ember is difference from Calla, because of different, but similar personalities as pretty kick butt girls, and of the different times that they were raised, and oh, yeah, Ember's living in the time that the Keepers, and what spawned off of that whole situation, including what became Calla's pack, happened. Yeah.

I enjoyed reading this book a lot, seeing where things had started, what they had been, and then what they started to become. Yeah, I don't think that Eira made the right choice, because her sister doesn't agree with her, and they used to basically be best buds. And this is tearing them apart.

The whole relationship between Ember and Barrow, yeah, I enjoyed that a lot! A lot of back and forth, seeing as he's her teacher and all, and yeah, that ending? Between the bad stuff that Eira did that she blamed on her enemies, and Ember and Barrow and a few others having to run away? Not fun!

I know where it's going to lead, and how the bad guys are going to be defeated. So seeing from the side where it's first getting started, is just a weird juxtaposition. I enjoyed it, but it was weird. But I live for weird, so yeah!

This was a really great book, and I can't wait for Rise, I know it's going to be great!

Author: Andrea Cremer
Series: Nightshade Prequel #1
Read: September 27th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Loved most of the Nightshade series, and it's a YAHFC book!
Publisher: Philomel
Published: August 1st 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
3.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!