Saturday, November 3, 2012

Week 44 Review: The Locket

From Goodreads:
On her seventeenth birthday, Katie discovers a locket and decides to wear it for good luck. But when her boyfriend Isaac finds out she cheated on him - with their mutual best friend Mitch, no less - he dumps her, leaving her devastated.

And then a miracle happens. The locket burns on Katie's chest and she feels herself going back two weeks in time, to the night she cheated with Mitch. At first, Kate is delighted to be a better girlfriend to Isaac this time around. But as other aspects of her life become inexplicably altered, she realizes that changing the past may have had a dangerous effect on her present.

Can she make things right before the locket destroys everything - and everyone - she loves?

My Review:
Reading this book was really fantastic! To be able to go back a short time into the past to be able to fix a mistake? I'm pretty stubborn, so if I could go back, I'd make things easier on myself. But as Katie learns, maybe changing the past isn't the best thing to do!

Initially, sure, it was a pretty great thing to happen! And then things feel apart, and in the end, the changed past led to an even worse life, and it gives you the idea that maybe time isn't something to be tampered with! Or that the locket is evil!

So there was a lot of conflict in this book, from the original life, the changes, and then trying to deal with everything! And when she finally got to a good place, well, it took some hard times, but she got there! So great!

I wish that there could've been a make up or something, so that they could all be friends when she was dating Mitch, but oh, well, it was a pretty darned good ending that I just enjoyed reading a lot, which is a really great thing to get!

Really great book, and I enjoyed it a lot!

Author: Stacey Jay
Read: November 2nd, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a good book! And it's a WTC Book!
Publisher: Razorbill
Published: January 22nd 2011
5/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!