Saturday, November 3, 2012

Week 44 Review: Such Wicked Intent

From Goodreads:
When does obsession become madness? Tragedy has forced sixteen-year-old Victor Frankenstein to swear off alchemy forever. He burns the Dark Library. He vows he will never dabble in the dark sciences again—just as he vows he will no longer covet Elizabeth, his brother’s betrothed.

If only these things were not so tempting.

When he and Elizabeth discover a portal into the spirit world, they cannot resist. Together with Victor’s twin, Konrad, and their friend Henry, the four venture into a place of infinite possibilities where power and passion reign. But as they search for the knowledge to raise the dead, they unknowingly unlock a darkness from which they may never return.

My Review:
Yeah, this book was even darker then the first! I just loved reading it! And it's different then the first book, while the first book was all the alchemy stuff, in this book, it was the supernatural, with some science here and there. Really great!

We got to see more of this world, both ours, and the spirit world, which was really great, building in more elements, and making it more interesting and captivating! I just wanted more! The pages couldn't go by fast enough!

So there's the whole romance angle, and how Elizabeth is engaged to Konrad, and then there's Victor who loves Elizabeth, and since we're with Victor's POV, well, yeah, I think we're seeing more sides of him then his family is!

This book, if there's more, which I really want, since the romance angle was resolved, won't deal with bring back Konrad. That's happened over two books, and it was resolved really well in this book. It's just the romance that I want to see more of in the 3rd book, if there is one!

I would really love a 3rd book, but it's looking unlikely, but yeah, this was a really great book!

Author: Kenneth Oppel
Series: The Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein #2
Read: November 1st, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Really enjoyed book 1, and it's a YAHFC book, and a Sophomore Challenge book!
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Published: August 2nd 2012
5/5 Hearts
3.5/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!