Saturday, February 21, 2015

Week 8 Review: The Fault In Our Stars

From Goodreads:
Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

Insightful, bold, irreverent, and raw, The Fault in Our Stars is award-winning author John Green's most ambitious and heartbreaking work yet, brilliantly exploring the funny, thrilling, and tragic business of being alive and in love.

My Review:
This was such a great book! I can tell while a lot of people enjoy it! I watched the movie first, and my personal opinion is that they are both well suited for their mediums, and I like both of them pretty equally!

I loved Hazel's voice. She was smart, she had her opinions, and she, and most of the characters in this book, have a pretty good mastery of either the English language, or the ability to play on words, which leads to some pretty smart lines!

Yes, this is a book about kids with cancer, dying of cancer. But also living with cancer. And falling in love. Because they're people-just because they're probably dying, and/or going to go through chemo and/or lose a part of their body, doesn't mean that they can't do what the rest of us do. It just might be a tad harder for them.

For some reason, I thought that this book would end in the middle of a sentence like An Imperial Affliction. But nope, it doesn't, though the last two sentences are very, very short. Like, in 2 sentences, a total of 5 words.

What a great book, really enjoyed it a lot, the whole book was my favourite line!

Author: John Green
Read: February 18th, 2015
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Everybody seems to enjoy it! And it's a SAC 2015 Book!
Publisher: Dutton Books
Published: January 10th 2012
55/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!