Saturday, February 21, 2015

Week 8 Review: Haunted

From Goodreads:
Love is everywhere. . .

When does a gift become a curse?

Matt Stone doesn't believe in ghosts. But there are those who are convinced his home, a historic Virginia estate that dates back to the Revolutionary War, is haunted. Pressured to get at the truth about some strange happenings at Melody House, he agrees to let Harrison Investigations explore the house. But he isn't ready for beautiful, intriguing Darcy Tremayne.

As a paranormal investigator, Darcy has learned to believe in the unbelievable. And she's given Matt fair warning: sometimes people don't like the skeletons she finds. She never dreamed that the warning would apply to herself. For she's about to discover that Melody House holds much more than a simple mystery form the distant past. What it holds is a very real and lethal danger, one that will cast her into a struggle against the worlds of both the living and the dead.

My Review:
I didn't expect to like this book so much! For some reason, though I started this massive reread 2 years ago, and a Heather Graham book that I liked around that time, I really haven't read any other Heather Graham books to get to the ones that I'm rereading. I guess because I wasn't expecting much. But this book was really great!

So in this book, we got to met Josh, Adam Harrison's son, and a big part of the reason why Harrison has Harrison Investigations. And yeah, that proluge was a bit sad, seeing as what happened, but it lead the characters to this!

Darcy certainly attracts trouble! From falling through the boards at the library, finding first a skull, then another skeleton, being pushed into a grave, well, it's no wonder that Adam got her a dog! Which was great!

I loved Matt's scepticism over Darcy's gifts, even while he's being nudged by the supernatural world. It just takes Darcy's life being in trouble for him to give up the fight, and listen to the voice in his head that we know is Josh's, to go and help her!

This was a great book with a great mystery, and while I thought that that the dead girl was Matt's ex-wife, because I read the ending and knew who the bad guy was, and she fit, but nope! So yeah, really great, really enjoyed it!

Author: Heather Graham
Series: Harrison Investigation #1
Read: February 15th, 2015
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Need to read all her books, including rereading later books in the series, and read the new ones! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book!
Publisher: Mira Books
Published: September 1st 2003
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!