Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Hands of Tarot: Review

From Goodreads:
She killed his father.

She imprisoned and beat him.

And now she thinks he's her trophy.

Synn El'Asim will do almost anything to prove her wrong. But he's only proving her right.

Queen Nix awakened his Mark of power and inducted him into the House of Wands. She knew what she was doing. The son of the two most powerful Families standing against her is the ultimate prize.

What she didn't take into consideration was that maybe he was too strong for her.

Maybe.

But the Families aren't. They've been weakened and it'll take a lot more than one young man with a powerful Mark to take on the Hands of Tarot.

My Review:
I don't know what I was expecting for this book. But what I got, oh, wow, I enjoyed so much! This book was intriguing, and so well written, and this world, yeah, I just want to spend more time in it! So while it currently isn't a series, I'm pretty sure that it's going to be!

Synn was just the best character to read about! He's personally connected to what's going on, he has stakes in it, and he's the one that can hopefully start things for change for everyone who's been oppressed by Queen Nix and her followers. And he has the power to start that change!

One thing that I really want, is the history of the Hands. These characters know this history, because it's theirs. It's not ours, the readers. So it'd be awesome to get that, because it's a pretty important thing! And the author commented on my Goodreads review, that it'd most likely be in the sequel.

Which is really awesome, because that makes this a series, which means that we can spend more time in this world that I enjoyed so much, with these characters that were really captivating, and yeah, I'm really excited about this!

This was a really fantastic book, and now I'm really excited about the sequel!

Author: SM Blooding
Read: September 1st, 2012
Source: Pump Up Your Book Review Copy
Reason Why: Sounded like a great book!
Publisher: Blooding Books
Published: July 3rd 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Bio:
SM Blooding lives in Colorado with her pet rock, Rockie, and Ms. Jack, who's a real bird. She's still learning to play the piano and guitar, which is going marginally better, and for those of you looking for an Arabic update, she has successfully learned one word, "Yalla, people yalla!"

She's dated vampires, werewolves, sorcerers, weapons smugglers and US Government assassins. Yes. She has stories.

Contact and Buy AKA Links:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!