Saturday, December 1, 2012

Week 48 Review: Blind Spot

From Goodreads:
There's none so blind as they that won't see.

Seventeen-year-old Tricia Farni's body floated to the surface of Alaska's Birch River six months after the night she disappeared. The night Roz Hart had a fight with her. The night Roz can't remember. Roz, who struggles with macular degeneration, is used to assembling fragments to make sense of the world around her. But this time it's her memory that needs piecing together—to clear her name . . . to find a murderer.

This unflinchingly emotional novel is written in the powerful first-person voice of a legally blind teen who just wants to be like everyone else.

My Review:
This was such a fantastic, awesome, amazing book! I loved reading it, and it's hard to tell that it's a debut book, because it was really fantastic! A book with a mystery where the thought-of perpetrator doesn't remember what happened? So awesome!

I really enjoyed reading about Roz, she was a really fantastic character, dealing with macular degeneration that's left her legally blind, sucked really bad. And then there was this whole situation to deal with!

This was a really complex book. So I kinda actually got the two bad guys confused. Because yeah, it was that complicated, that there were two bad guys. And that if Roz was like me, then she would've been more confused as the memories came back, but she knew the both of them, so, not me!

I really enjoyed reading this book, with everything that was going on, reading about Roz, and having her get that ending, that hey, her life is never going to be perfect, which is sad, but true for all of us, but it doesn't have that whole situation hanging over her anymore!

Such a great book, a great debut, and I can't wait to read more by Laura Ellen!

Author: Laura Ellen
Read: November 30th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like an excellent book, and it's a DAC Book!
Publisher: Harcourt Children's Books
Published: October 23rd 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!