Saturday, December 15, 2012

Week 50 Reviews: Deity, Elixir


From Goodreads:
"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. "

Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden. 

If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome. 

But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed. 

Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...

From Goodreads:
Aiden St. Delphi will do anything to save Alex. 
Even if it means doing the one thing he will never forgive himself for. 
Even if it means making war against the gods.

My Review:
I enjoyed reading these books so much! I mean, so much happens in them! Seth is evil, basically, Alex comes into her powers, Lucien truly shows his colours, and yeah, then we get a Aiden's POV novella! Which was just so epic! I loved reading Deity and Elixir!

I loved how Seth would spend time with Alex, and then that they could feel the other's emotions, that led to some pretty awkward situations, because Seth is Seth. It was humorous, but now knowing what is going to happen next, not enjoying it at much!

I could almost expect the betrayal from Lucien. But I wasn't expected it from Seth. I thought that he actually cared about Alex. But apparently not as much as he wants power. Which sucks for the both of them, Alex for what she had to go through, Seth, for what Alex is going to put him through because of it!

Elixir, I mean, Alex was under Seth's control, basically. And that sucked so bad! But Aiden stayed optimistic, even when they put Alex under the serum. Which was specially god-amped up. But then when he took her off that because he knew she hated the thought of being on it, defying the gods, that was just awesome! I loved that so much!

I enjoyed and loved these books so much, and now I really, really want more!

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Covenant #3, 3.5
Read: December 11th, 12th, 2012
Source: Bought, Free Online at the Publisher's Website
Reason Why: Freaking love this series, and Jennifer L. Armentrout's writing, I had to read them! And Deity is a LLFL Book!
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Published: October 31st 2012, November 27th 2012

Deity:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Elixir:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!