Saturday, December 29, 2012

Week 52 Review: Don't Turn Around

From Goodreads:
Sixteen-year-old Noa has been a victim of the system ever since her parents died. Now living off the grid and trusting no one, she uses her computer-hacking skills to stay safely anonymous and alone. But when she wakes up on a table in an empty warehouse with an IV in her arm and no memory of how she got there, Noa starts to wish she had someone on her side.

Enter Peter Gregory. A rich kid and the leader of a hacker alliance, Peter needs people with Noa's talents on his team. Especially after a shady corporation called AMRF threatens his life in no uncertain terms.

But what Noa and Peter don't realize is that Noa holds the key to a terrible secret, and there are those who'd stop at nothing to silence her for good.

My Review:
Oh, this was a really fantastic book! I loved the computer stuff, and the thrilling mystery, and just everything about this book, it was entertaining! Not too sure about reading it again or buying it, but enjoyment level, just about as high as it could get!

The characters, from Noa, who woke up and things were different, and Peter the hacker who's being threatened, and a few others, they were characters that I wanted to read about! Very interesting, and in these situations, too!

The illness that was created for this book, yeah, that was pretty fascinating! Fascinating in the symptoms, not in the killing people! And I wonder if it'll be in the sequel, seeing the way that it was dealt with, or wasn't, as the case may be! Because I can't recall whether anything happened there or not!

It was sad about what happened to Cody, I do wish that it hadn't happened, but this is a battle, and there will be losses. Cody was just one of the first, and the one that hit the hardest. Which sucks, but there's more to come!

What a great book, really awesome and great, and now I want the sequel!

Author: Michelle Gagnon
Series: PERSEPHoNE #1
Read: December 23rd, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a DAC Book!
Publisher: Harper Collins
Published: August 28th 2012
5/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!