Saturday, December 8, 2012

Week 49 Review: The Demon's Lexicon

From Goodreads:
Sixteen-year-old Nick and his brother, Alan, are always ready to run. Their father is dead, and their mother is crazy—she screams if Nick gets near her. She's no help in protecting any of them from the deadly magicians who use demons to work their magic. The magicians want a charm that Nick's mother stole—and they want it badly enough to kill. Alan is Nick's partner in demon slaying and the only person he trusts in the world. So things get very scary and very complicated when Nick begins to suspect that everything Alan has told him about their father, their mother, their past, and what they are doing is a complete lie. . . 

My Review:
I loved reading this book so much! It was a really freaking fantastic book! I loved Sarah Rees Brennan's writing style, and the voice of Nick, it was so clear, and so awesome, and everything that was going on in this book, I just loved it!

This is the start of the series, which I'm really glad for, because it means all the more time in this world, with these characters, in the awesomeness that is Sarah Rees Brennan's mind on the page! Just so truly epic!

Because these were characters that I wanted to read more about! Nick's strangeness, which was explained by the twist below, to Mae, and her brother, and Alan, they were just characters that need to be read about!

And then oh, that twist! It was so mind-blowing, and so awesome, and it turned everything on it's head, and things made sense! And it hurt, too, that it'd been kept secret. And it caused a lot of trouble for them, even if he didn't know about it! But it did some good, too!

I loved reading this book, so much, and now I really need to read more of this series!

Author: Sarah Rees Brennan
Series: The Demon's Lexicon #1
Read: December 3rd, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: It sounded good and it's a LLFL Book!
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Published: June 2nd 2009
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!