Saturday, December 8, 2012

Week 49 Review: How to Beguile a Beauty

From Goodreads:
The lonely life of a spinster...

When her beloved dies in battle, Lady Lydia Daughtry assumes she'll never love again. Until a deliciously handsome duke awakens a part of her she never knew existed. But how can she have such feelings for Tanner Blake, who is a constant reminder of all she has lost?

The least likely man to the rescue...

Tanner Blake, duke of Malvern, promised his dying friend he'd take care of his "dearest Lyddie." So how dare he covet the lush, lovely young woman for himself—especially since he is all but betrothed to another? His solution: find Lydia a suitable husband immediately. But when both their lives become fraught with mystery and danger, Tanner's vow becomes intensely personal...renewing his desire to keep Lydia by his side forever.

My Review:
I really enjoyed this story, of a kinda threesome, but the guy who connected them, dead, it was a really great story to read! Because her love died on the battlefield-but before he died, he told his best friend to look out of her. And they fall in love. Such a great story!

These characters, getting to know them over the course of this series, has been really fantastic! And while we're getting a bit further on, there are plots that are doing the same, and it's just so great to read them! Lots going on!

I actually didn't read these books in order. I've read the first book, but I haven't read the 2nd book, and this is the third book. So I guess I know that Nicole gets her happy ending, though I could've guessed that after reading the first book!

Yeah, I really enjoyed the romance between them! It was really sweet, and they bought fought it, but in the end, they couldn't beat love, and yeah, they got a happy ending that was just really touching to read!

Really great book, and now I need to read more of this series!

Author: Kasey Michaels
Series: Daughtry Family #3
Read: December 3rd, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded good!
Publisher: HQN Books
Published: May 25th 2010
5/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!