Saturday, December 29, 2012

Week 52 Review: Unbreak My Heart

From Goodreads:
Sophomore year broke Clementine Williams' heart. She fell for her best friend's boyfriend and long story short: he's excused, but Clem is vilified and she heads into summer with zero social life. 

Enter her parents' plan to spend the summer on their sailboat. Normally the idea of being stuck on a tiny boat with her parents and little sister would make Clem break out in hives, but floating away sounds pretty good right now. 

Then she meets James at one of their first stops along the river. He and his dad are sailing for the summer and he's just the distraction Clem needs. Can he break down Clem's walls and heal her broken heart?

Told in alternating chapters that chronicle the year that broke Clem's heart and the summer that healed it, Unbreak My Heart is a wonderful dual love story that fans of Sarah Dessen, Deb Caletti, and Susane Colasanti will flock to.

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this story, of how things change, and how hearts are things that can be broken and healed, and how Clem goes through both over the course of the year, it was really fantastic to read!

And the way that it was told, the way that it would start to break, and then the way that it would start to heal, back and forth, that way of narration, that was really perfect, though it did mean that I was a bit confused on the timeline at times!

What really sucks, is the double standard. There were two people that were involved with it, her, and her best friend's boyfriend. And yet he gets off with nothing, and yet, people hate her for it. It's more his fault then anything, so yeah, that double standard really sucked!

I really hope that there's a written account of Clem and Amanda making up. Because the whole situation damaged the both of them, and their relationship, and it'd be awesome if we'd be able to read about them making up, not just what we got!

Such a great, fantastic, loveable, awesome book! I enjoyed it a lot!

Author: Melissa Walker
Read: December 24th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a great book, and it's a Sophomore Challenge Book and a LLFL Book!
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Published: May 22nd 2012
5/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!