Saturday, December 29, 2012

Week 52 Review: Once Every Never

From Goodreads:
Clarinet Reid is a pretty typical teenager. On the surface. She's smart, but a bit of a slacker; outgoing, but just a little insecure; not exactly a mischief-maker-but trouble tends to find her wherever she goes. Also? She unwittingly carries a centuries-old Druid Blood Curse running through her veins.

Now, with a single thoughtless act, what started off as the Summer Vacation in Dullsville suddenly spirals into a deadly race to find a stolen artifact, avert an explosive catastrophe, save a Celtic warrior princess, right a dreadful wrong that happened centuries before Clare was even born, and if there-s still time-literally-maybe even get a date.

This is the kind of adventure that happens to a girl once every never.

My Review:
Oh, man, it was really fantastic to read this book! And just before Christmas Eve, this week is just so special, and reading this book about time travel, well, it just gets my mind racing about how someone from the now could change the past!

I loved Clarinet, her parents gave her the name of an instrument-the one that I played in band-and yeah, she gets caught up in this whole thing, and while it wasn't the most fun journey for her, it was pretty spectacular for us readers!

Then there was the time that she travelled to. It was so interesting, and a hard time, a brutal time, but one where it was way easier to find the simple pleasures, even with all the violence and uncertainty! But it's not Clare's time!

Loved how it ended, how everything came together, and while this is a series, it almost all felt complete, but the fact that it's a series, yeah, because we get to spend more time in this world! I can't wait for that!

I enjoyed this book so much, it was really fantastic, and I can't wait for more!

Author: Lesley Livingston
Series: Never #1
Read: December 23rd, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Loved her Wondrous Strange series, so why not? And it's a Reward Challenge Book!
Publisher: Penguin Canada
Published: July 4th 2011
5/5 Hearts
3.5/5 Books
3.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!