Saturday, December 8, 2012

Week 49 Review: Deep Betrayal

From Goodreads:
It's been thirty days, two hours, and seventeen minutes since Calder left Lily standing on the shores of Lake Superior. Not that she's counting. And when Calder does return, it's not quite the reunion Lily hoped for. Especially after she lets her father in on a huge secret: he, like Calder, is a merman. Obsessed with his new identity, Lily's dad monopolizes Calder's time as the two of them spend every day in the water, leaving Lily behind.

Then dead bodies start washing ashore. Calder blames his mermaid sisters, but Lily fears her father has embraced the merman's natural need to kill. As the body count grows, everyone is pointing fingers. Lily doesn't know what to believe—only that whoever's responsible is sure to strike again. . . 

My Review:
Oh, my, what a just awesome book! I loved Lies Beneath, every word, and this book just made me love both more, because yeah, it was just that freaking good! I loved being in Lily's POV, because it was different, because 1. She's a girl, and 2. She's not a full mermaid.

I loved that look at Lily's life, of how it had been, before she moved and got involved in the whole mermaid thing, and yeah, that was great, and then we got to see them again, abet, as bait, to talk to Mavis and Parvati. But it all ended out all right-they all survived!

I loved the mystery of who was killing those people, and then who it turned out to be? I wouldn't have had him high on my list, but the diving suit was a clue that I didn't connect to the figure that people saw when they were in "rip tides." He totally deserved what he got!

I enjoyed their hunt for the killer, and the roads that it lead down, from his sisters, to a mystical, probable start/creator of the mermaid race, to what turned out to be quite a mundane killer. And on the journey, we met some new people, guys who were wholly human that knew a bit about mermaids! That was great! I hope we see them again!

Yeah, I just loved this book to pieces, and I can't wait to read more!!

Author: Anne Greenwood Brown
Series: Lies Beneath #2
Read: December 5th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Absolutely loved Lies Beneath, and it's (going to be) a WoW Book, and a Sophomore Challenge Book!
Publisher: Random House/Delacorte
Expected Publication: March 12th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!