Saturday, December 22, 2012

Week 51 Review: Falling in Love With English Boys

From Goodreads:
Sixteen-year-old Catherine Vernon has been stranded in London for the summer-no friends, no ex-boyfriend Adam the Scum (good riddance!), and absolutely nothing to do but blog about her misery to her friends back home. Desperate for something-anything-to do in London while her (s)mother's off researching boring historical things, Cat starts reading the 1815 diary of Katherine Percival her mom gives her-and finds the similarities between their lives to be oddly close. But where Katherine has the whirls of the society, the parties and the gossip over who is engaged to who, Cat's only got some really excellent English chocolate. Then she meets William Percival-the uber-hot descendant of Katherine-and things start looking up . . .

My Review:
This was a really fun book to read! Of the coincidence of being given a diary from 1815, and then meeting a modern descendent of the one that wrote it! And the situations that they got themselves into, it was just really great to read!

I loved the nickname that she came up for her mom, (s)mother, mother, and smother, because she was both, it was really quite clever, and I enjoyed that. Sure, her mom has her reasons, but no kid wants it, even if there is reason for it!

I really enjoyed the relationships from both sides, Cat and William, and then Katherine and her special someone! They corresponded and connected so well, and it was just so well written and so cute! I enjoyed it so much!

Watching Cat go through this, going to a strange country with things all different then what she's used to, from food to words, and getting used to that, all while falling in love, well, it was a really great and fun journey to go on!

I really enjoyed reading this book, it was nice and fun and light!

Author: Melissa Jensen
Read: December 18th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: I enjoyed The Fine Art of Truth or Dare, and yeah, sounded really good!
Publisher: Speak
Published: October 28th 2010
5/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!