Saturday, December 1, 2012

Week 48 Review: Temptation

From Goodreads:
Your heart misleads you. That's what my friends and family say.  

But I love Noah. And he loves me.  

We met and fell in love in the sleepy farming community of Meadowview, while we rode our horses together through the grassy fields and in those moments in each other's arms. 

It should be ROSE & NOAH forever, easy. 

But it won't be. 

Because he's Amish. And I'm not.

My Review:
I didn't enjoy this book as I wanted to. The writing felt a bit dull, like there wasn't really all that much going on, and while I wanted to like it more then I did, well, I can't control what I like and what I don't like.

This was a pretty good case of forbidden love, seeing as the Amish/not Amish thing! And I really don't know much about the Amish, so it took reading this book to really get an understanding of what a big deal it is.

I didn't want to read about the characters when they were going to get into situation that I knew would end badly, or with awkwardness. I have a thing against awkwardness, that I have to brace myself, which usually involves a pause in reading or watching tv, before going back to it.

For Rose to chose to Amish, well, I don't know how that's going to go, but it's already had a bit of a rocky start, seeing as they were in their relationship before hand, and what was the result, that this beginning has that to cover it!

This was a good book, and I enjoyed it! I hope others enjoyed it more than I did though!

Author: Karen Ann Hopkins
Series: Temptation #1
Read: November 26th, 2012
Source: Library/NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded like a great book, and it's a DAC Book!
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Published: June 26th 2012
4.5/5 Hearts
2/5 Books
2/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!