Saturday, December 1, 2012

Week 48 Review: Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone

From Goodreads:
An arresting un-coming-of-age story, from a breathtaking talent.

Becca has always longed to break free from her small, backwater hometown. But the discovery of an unidentified dead girl on the side of a dirt road sends the town--and Becca--into a tailspin. Unable to make sense of the violence of the outside world creeping into her backyard, Becca finds herself retreating inward, paralyzed from moving forward for the first time in her life.

Short chapters detailing the last days of Amelia Anne Richardson's life are intercut with Becca's own summer as the parallel stories of two young women struggling with self-identity and relationships on the edge twist the reader closer and closer to the truth about Amelia's death.

My Review:
Oh, this was a really great book! I enjoyed the back and forth between Becca's summer, and Amelia Anne Richard's life, because there's a connection, but it's a mystery as the book goes on! And it was just so fantastic to read!

I can totally understand why Becca wanted to leave her town. And I can see why the discovery of the body wrecked her plans, made her feel like she couldn't go anywhere. And this book was about dealing with that.

It was also the mystery of Amelia's death. It was a pretty awesome mystery, all the clues and such! And I really enjoyed reading about it, even though it made me sad. Because, it just felt just a bit pointless, that a girl's life was gone, for little to no reason.

This is a book about a small town, a small town that was really weird, with lots of little bobs and bends. And how the town as a whole, and as individuals, dealt with the tragedy. It was a pretty darn good debut book!

What a great book, I enjoyed it a ton!

Author: Kat Rosenfield
Read: November 27, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a DAC Book!
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Published: July 5th 2012
5/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
2/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!