Saturday, September 6, 2014

Week 36 Review: The Beautiful Ashes

From Goodreads:
In a world of shadows, anything is possible. Except escaping your fate. 

Ever since she was a child, Ivy has been gripped by visions of strange realms just beyond her own. But when her sister goes missing, Ivy discovers the truth is far worse—her hallucinations are real, and her sister is trapped in a parallel realm. And the one person who believes her is the dangerously attractive guy who's bound by an ancient legacy to betray her. 

Adrian might have turned his back on those who raised him, but that doesn't mean he can change his fate…no matter how strong a pull he feels toward Ivy. Together they search for the powerful relic that can save her sister, but Adrian knows what Ivy doesn't: that every step brings Ivy closer to the truth about her own destiny, and a war that could doom the world. Sooner or later, it will be Ivy on one side and Adrian on the other. And nothing but ashes in between…

My Review:
Oh, my, I loved this book! I know that sometimes, going to a new series, that reader enthusiasm to switch isn't as high for the new series, but for me, this book was just as great as any Night Huntress book, even better, because the earlier books helped to learn more writing tricks!

I loved these characters! They had their flaws, especially from events in their past, Ivy from being left at the side of a multi car pile up accident as a baby, by her mom, Adrian basically being kidnapped and raised by the demons, living with them, in realms that had slowed down time, for about 150 years, even though he only looks about 20 there abouts. Yeah.

2 girl comments that Ivy made that I want to counter with personal experience. One, she said that it takes girls more then 10 minutes to get ready, and 20 minutes is more like it, and yeah, while I don't have showers in the morning, I think I can get ready in less then 10 minutes! And two, she said girls know at least one brand of tampons. I don't. I can recognize the box if I have to, but I don't remember the name of the brand!

I loved this world, with the 2 bloodlines, at least in this book, though a 3rd was mentioned, of David's line (the one with the slingshot, that ended up being king) and Judas's line. And Ivy and Adrian are the respective descendants of those lines-the last of them. And the 3 objects of power! And destiny's and fates!

Yeah, where it left off, I can really see this being a trilogy, there's 3 objects to get, and 3 books, and she got one in this book, and yeah, there's hope for the future, and for their relationship! I can't wait for book 2!

Author: Jeaniene Frost
Series: Broken Destiny #1
Read: September 5th, 2014
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Love her books, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harlequin HQN
Published: August 26th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!