Saturday, September 6, 2014

Week 36 Review: Garden of Eden

From Goodreads:
It has been four years.

Four years since the day the Catchers found her family.

Four years since she escaped capture.

And four years since the day her mother locked her and Will, a boy she hardly knew, in an attic, 'for their own protection'. 

Now, Eden White is fifteen, and sick of being a prisoner of parents who all but abandoned her. It was as simple as one walk down a beautiful, foggy beach, but it ended with Eden and Will face to face with Catchers - and this time, there is no escape.

When Eden wakes, she finds herself on an island, surrounded by hundreds of stolen children. Enrolled in the island school, Jordan Hall, Eden quickly learns that the island is not what it seems.

And, in the woods surrounding the school, she discovers a wild, beautiful magic inside of herself - one she has no idea how to control. With three unlikely new friends, Eden begins to realize that the headmistress is hiding much more than the stolen children - and what they learn in the laboratories below the school could cost Eden her life.

My Review:
Wow, was this a great book! I most definitely enjoyed it, and while it was dark, it was also entertaining, and interesting, and unique, and I always love unique, and yeah, I really enjoyed the romance and the magic!

I felt really bad for Eden, because not only are her siblings taken by the catchers, the only way that her, and Will, could evade them, was to be locked up "for their own good." And then when they finally escape, they're captured by the catchers. So things aren't looking good!

The magic came on slowly, on the island, and as her powers grew, so did the mystery, of the island, and what was going on, and why it was kids under 18, and then when they reached 18, they were taken away. And yeah we didn't really get any answers in this book, but we got them in Ashes!

The ending, I loved a lot! We do get a few answers, and they're pretty cool, and yeah, there's action, and yeah, there's still all the questions left to be answered, and they were, like I said, in Ashes, and yeah, just that feeling of anticipation as to what they were, that was awesome!

I really enjoyed this book, and it was pretty great! And I want more of this series!

Author: Kate Cowan
Series: The Legend of Eden #1
Read: September 3rd, 2014
Source: Itching For Books Tour Copy for Tour of Garden of Ashes
Reason Why: Sounded good, I'm part of a book tour for Garden of Ashes, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book!
Publisher: Kate Cowan
Published: October 22nd 2013
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!