Thursday, September 11, 2014

What to Read in a Week

I need a bit of a schedule for my reading, what to read. So I thought I'd make a blog post out of it!

Tour books: any that the review is to be posted that week, and any prequel novels if there are any.

Review Books: At least 1 a week, minimum.

NetGalley: At least 3 a week, minimum.

Edelweiss: At least 2 a week, minimum.

Meme Books: At least a book for at least 2 memes a week (LLFL Book, RR book, WTC Book)

Rereads: Maximum of 6 books a week. Exceptions made.

New Books: Maximum of 2 that aren't of the above. Exceptions made.

Exceptions:

For both: Novellas, and short stories, if reading just them, don't count anywhere in this. If the minimums at least have been met of NetGalley and Edelweiss, and for each over the minimum is an "extra" that can count towards Rereads or New Books exceeding the maximum, 1 book per extra.

For New Books: Books by favourite authors.

So that's 16 books a week, thereabouts, if I make both the mins and the maxs, with the potential to be both less, and more. But it means that I'll be making progress in reading books that I have higher motivation to read! Now to stick to it!

And I'm also doing something a bit different in terms of my NetGalley and Edelweiss books. I'm marking their release date in my Google calender (go electronics) with a reminder a week before it comes out, so that I have read them before they come out. That way I'll have the future hopefully well in hand, and get reviews written, too, and then I just need to work on the NetGalley titles from the past 3 years! There's just over 1000 NetGalley books, and over 100 Edelweiss books. So yeah, I do have a few things to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!