Thursday, November 20, 2014

Possession: Review

From Goodreads:
Constance Jerome wants nothing more than to make it through her senior year of high school without being noticed. But when her mother drops the world's biggest bombshell, flying under the radar just isn't in the cards. It turns out Constance is a necromancer-one of the few who can travel the realms of the dead. Apparently it runs in the family. And now there's a threat coming: another necromancer with plans to disturb the living and the dead, and Constance and her mother are the only ones who can stop him. If only they knew who he was. Or what exactly he was up to. A quiet senior year isn't an option, and Constance must race to stop a high school apocalypse before the balance between the living and the dead is overturned. 

My Review:
I really enjoyed this book! So entertaining, and yeah, I enjoyed her other series that I read, so yeah, it was great to read another great novel by Annie Oldham! Just so good! I was really glad for the opportunity!

Constance was pretty great! Really enjoyed her, because she's thrust into this supernatural world when all she wanted was was basically to be invisible. And this is kinda putting a wrinkle in that plan!

Really enjoyed how the world was built, with the necromancer stuff, and the little details that made it original. And of course, Constance is one of those rare people who has this ability. And there's a bad guy that only her and her mom can stop! Which in real life, would be a bit extreme, but it's a book, so all good!

I really enjoyed how it ended, because hey, it's a series, so yeah, that ending, was just perfect, because things were wrapped up, some things weren't, and new things were opened, and yeah, I can't wait to see how more of them are going to be solved and wrapped up! So exciting!

Possession was just such a great book, one that I really enjoyed, and yeah, I can't wait for more!

Author: Annie Oldham
Series: Song and Shadow #1
Read: November 19th, 2014
Source: Reading Addictions Virtual Book Tours Review Copy
Reason Why: Loved her other series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book!
Published: October 31st 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars
Bio:
Annie adores writing and reading YA novels. She grew up with an insatiable desire to read and then came the insatiable desire to write. Annie has been blessed to have both of those in her life.

Away from her writing, Annie is the mother of the most adorable girls in the world, has the best husband in the world, and lives in the hottest place in the world (not really, but Phoenix sure feels like it). She loves to cook, sing, and play the piano.

Contact and Buy AKA Links:
Blog 


2 comments:

  1. Louisa, thanks so much for your review and being a part of the tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, no problem :) Thanks for writing it! And coincidentally, I just wrote my review of The Burn :) I'm so glad for the Write On Review-a-Thon! Yep. :)

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!