Saturday, November 22, 2014

Week 47 Review: Beware the Wild

From Goodreads:
It's an oppressively hot and sticky morning in June when Sterling and her brother, Phin, have an argument that compels him to run into the town swamp -- the one that strikes fear in all the residents of Sticks, Louisiana. Phin doesn't return. Instead, a girl named Lenora May climbs out, and now Sterling is the only person in Sticks who remembers her brother ever existed.

Sterling needs to figure out what the swamp's done with her beloved brother and how Lenora May is connected to his disappearance -- and loner boy Heath Durham might be the only one who can help her. 

This debut novel is full of atmosphere, twists and turns, and a swoon-worthy romance.

My Review:
When I think about this novel, now, after I've read it, I think, pretty great, entertaining book, unique as in hardly ever done in making the setting a really vital plot point, and characters that have heartfelt, human emotions!

So they live near a swamp that has some stories attached to it, a lot of those stories aren't good. And then her brother becomes one when he runs into the swamp, after almost hitting her, and hitting their step-father. And as the story goes on, a good deal more of people enter the swamp! More on that!

Really enjoyed the relationship between Sterling and Heath, it was started about a year before the novel opens up, but then something happened, and rumours started to float around him. Turns out there's a reason!

I read this in 2 parts. I read about 80 pages on my nook, and then I read the rest of it. So I kinda forgot the name of her friend, but I remembered her, so that's why I thought it a bit weird that she didn't come along to the racetrack place. And then Sterling goes to look for a phone number-for her friend's twin sister. That's when it hit me that she had lost that friend to the swamp!

Really enjoyed this book, ended in a pretty great spot, sad about Lenora, but yeah, all in all, pretty good! Really enjoyed it, can't wait to read what Natalie C. Parker writes next!

Author: Natalie C. Parker
Read: November 18th, 2014
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a DAC Book and a SAC 2014 Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: October 21st 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!