Saturday, November 22, 2014

Week 47 Review: The Killing Game

From Goodreads:
A MERCILESS KILLER ON THE HUNT ... AN INNOCENT CHILD IN HIS SIGHTS ... A WOMAN DRIVEN TO THE EDGE TO STOP HIM ...

The killer knows Eve Duncan all too well. He knows the pain she feels for her murdered daughter, Bonnie, whose body has never been found. He knows that as one of the nation's top forensic sculptors she'll insist on identifying the nine skeletons unearthed on a bluff near Georgia's Talladega Falls. He knows she won't be able to resist the temptation of believing that one of those skeletons might be her daughter's. But that is only the beginning of the killer's sadistic game. He wants Eve one on one, and he'll use his ace in the hole to make sure she complies. And he won't stop playing until he claims the prize he wants most: Eve's life.

My Review:
I really enjoyed this book so much! Really enjoyed rereading it, because it was just so enjoyable! I enjoyed it thoroughly, getting to go on this journey with the characters again, it was just great! I admit that since it's been a while since I first read it, I reread the ending, so I knew who the bad guy was!

We got to have Eve and Jane meeting for the first time! And yeah, it's hard, seeing as a serial killer has targeted Jane so that Eve could connect to her, so that when he kills Jane, it'll be harder on Eve, but yeah, they develop a pretty strong connection!

And then her and Joe! I know where they're going, and yeah, this book had a great big step in that direction, the start of their romantic life, and her finding out that he's felt this way about her for 10 years, that she's his centre, that he married Diane so she could have a female friend? Yeah.

So I'm going to try and keep a death tally, and there's 1 cat and 8 people, who die, and then 2 we know who are going to in the first book, and then 1 fox, and 5 people in this book (because I'm not counting people who were killed before the series, or not in the books, which means Bonnie, and the various victims who's graves they're just discovering. Yeah. And of that combined 15 people, 4 of them are the bad guys!

Favourite lines: "And what's the connection? Is taking me into your bed the equivalent of giving me a puppy?" If so, pretty weird!

Yeah, this was a fantastic book, and I really can't wait to reread more of the series!

Author: Iris Johansen
Series: Eve Duncan #2
Read: November 19th, 2014
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book!
Publisher: Bantan Books
Published: May 2nd 2000
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!