Saturday, November 22, 2014

Week 47 Review: Strange Skies

From Goodreads:
Action, adventure, and romance are heating up in this sequel to the futuristic science fiction thriller Burn Out. Perfect for fans of Across the Universe and The Memory of After.

Caelia is the new Earth. That's what the Consulate told everyone and, against all odds, Tora finally has made it there. She can't see the ocean from her cell in the Consulate's containment center, and she doesn't know what happened to the weapons her father died for and she's risked her life to save.

But as she plans her escape, she runs into the last person she ever expected to see-her dad. The Consulate has kept held him prisoner in a complicated plot designed to lure Tora out of hiding. Now Tora has a new purpose: break free, get the guns, and save her father.

But first she'll have to navigate a strange new planet, track down James (whose loyalties still remain questionable), and find Kale…before he finds her first.

My Review:
Loved reading this book, so soon after Burn Out, because while 3 months pass between the end of Burn Out and the start of this one, I didn't have that wait, and I didn't have to wait to read this one at all-I just had to make time! So good!

So things aren't so good for Tora at first. She's locked up by the Consulate, and they've been drugging her. And then someone turns out to have kept a bit of his story secret, though in the end, that ends up being helpful!

Turns out, that sometime during those 3 months, Tora and James escaped. Well, she tried. He actually made it. And then romance happens, and some explanations. Oh, and some hiding for Kale, because the bastard is hiding the guns. Even if he can't use them. I'm really enjoying hating him!

That ending! So heart-felt, because they were on a paradise, basically, and now they have to leave, to keep the others safe. And while they will come back, they are leaving. And it sucks! Especially seeing what they're leaving!

Favourite lines: "My long-term plan of finding Kale and the guns was toast if my short-term goal of walking didn't go so well." Yeah, it would be! "Because what could be more romantic than wearing the shirt of the guy who shot you?" I want his side of the story, first, though! "Good thing that Markus was part of the Resistance, otherwise I’d feel like the dumbest one around." Agreed! And especially with his talked about drunkenness!

Really enjoyed reading this book, and yeah, I really can't wait for the next book!

Author: Kristi Helvig
Series: Burn Out #2
Read: November 15th, 2014
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a 2014 Dystopia Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book!
Publisher: Egmont USA
Expected Publication: June 9th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!