Saturday, November 22, 2014

Week 47 Reviews: Precious Blood, Passionaries


From Goodreads:
From the author of the New York Times bestselling ghostgirl series, the start to a captivating and haunting teen trilogy about three girls who become entangled with an enigmatic boy—a boy who believes he is a saint.

What if martyrs and saints lived among us? And what if you were told you were one of them?

Meet Agnes, Cecilia, and Lucy. Three lost girls, each searching for something. But what they find is Beyond Belief.

From Goodreads:
Agnes, Cecelia, and Lucy watched as Sebastian sacrificed himself for what he believed in. Will the girls trust that their destiny as saints and martyrs and perform the miracles as Sebastian instructed? Or lose faith in themselves and each other in his absence? Time is running out for them to make a decision, and the fate of the world lies in the balance.

My Review:
Ah, these were just so great! I kinda procrastinated reading these books, because there's 2 of them, and I want to read them together, and various thoughts in my head about that subject, that just made it a bit harder for me to read them. But I made a perfect time to read them! So yeah!

So initially, of all the characters, I didn't like Lucy as much in the beginning, because she was this party girl who made her fame by trading coverage with various secrets of those around her! And yeah, as someone who is pretty much the opposite of the popular crowd, I didn't like her too much at first!

Really enjoyed how all these things about this world were revealed, that Doctor Frey knew about it, and was against it, that faith is a disease that has been proven as being transmitted from the people with minds that are weakened by something, kinda like an immune system, I'm on the girl's side, though!

That ending of Passionaries! Everyone pretty much under the thumb of Doctor Frey, that's not going to be a bad thing, and between the deaths of Sebastian and Lucy, yeah, those are just a lot of things that are testing them, and I can't wait to see how they're going to face them!

Favourite line from  Passionaries: "Well, my attitude is still a virgin because I never gave a f**k." Love this a lot!

Great 2 books, I really enjoyed them a lot, and yeah, I really can't wait for the 3rd and final book!

Author: Tonya Hurley
Series: The Blessed #1, 2
Read: November 20th, 21st, 2014
Source: Tuebl, Publisher for Review
Reason Why: Sounded good, and I have the 2nd one as an ARC, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Books! And Passionaries is a LLFL Book!
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Published: May 14th 2013, January 7th 2014

Precious Blood:
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars









Passionaries:
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4.55 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!