Saturday, November 15, 2014

Week 46 Review: The Paris Mysteries

From Goodreads:
The City of Lights sets the stage for romance, drama and intrigue in the latest Confessions novel from the world's bestselling mystery writer!

After investigating multiple homicides and her family's decades-old skeletons in the closet, Tandy Angel is finally reunited with her lost love in Paris. But as he grows increasingly distant, Tandy is confronted with disturbing questions about him, as well as what really happened to her long-dead sister. With no way to tell anymore who in her life she can trust, how will Tandy ever get to the bottom of the countless secrets her parents kept from her? James Patterson leads this brilliant teenage detective through Paris on a trail of lies years in the making, with shocking revelations around every corner.

My Review:
This was such a page turner! I mean, for me, I read it on my nook, which doesn't have a sun reflection thingy, and yeah, it was pretty bright on the 11th, so that was how absorbed I was in the book, that I just had to keep reading, even though it was uncomfortable!

I loved the confessions, just more, because they told us things that the rest of the book couldn't tell us, and they went a bit deeper, and into her thoughts and reasoning, because she's telling us this stuff. That's why the series, and the notes, were called confessions.

There wasn't exactly a mystery that Tandy solves. There's the whole James thing-and the "increasing distant" thing is misleading, he spends a day with her-and a night-then writes her a note, and then just leaves. Disappears. And it takes a private investigator to find him, not Tandy. And then her sister, Katherine, and the letters that their Uncle Peter wrote, of a possessing note, and yeah, the fact that her sister isn't actually dead. Oh, and the video she got, of her nephew, George! Which is why there has to be more!

The ending? With C.J. with James, in bed, that they'd fallen in love with the letters from the last book? That had a off note for me, like it was too cliché, and shouldn't be happening. And how later, he broke up with C.J. because he was still in love with Tandy. I don't like him anymore! Plus there's the whole chase thing after that meeting, and how James dad dies and stuff. That felt weird to. And how Peter Angel is being set up to be the big bad of the series!

Really enjoyed this book, so fast-paced, and it's sad that they didn't last long in Paris, but I'm glad they're back in New York, and yeah, I can't wait for more books!

Authors: James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
Series: Confessions #3
Read: November 11th, 2014
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Loved the first 2 books, and it's a EPrequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Published: October 6th, 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!