Saturday, November 22, 2014

Week 47 Review: Blue Lily, Lily Blue

From Goodreads:
There is danger in dreaming. But there is even more danger in waking up.

Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have become theirs.

The trick with found things though, is how easily they can be lost.

Friends can betray.
Mothers can disappear.
Visions can mislead.
Certainties can unravel. 

My Review:
I really enjoyed this book so much! It picked up about a month after the end of The Dream Thieves, and yeah, her mom is still missing, and a ton of stuff is going on, and yeah, that was just so freaking great!

On thing at I've noticed, is that it ends on a cliff-hanger-y note, each chapter, and then the start of the next chapter, half the time, at least, it's moved on past the element that made it cliff-hanger-y, for example, one chapter ended with Adam's dad's trial, and having Gansey and Ronan walking in. I'd like to know the verdict of that, but it just skipped over it!

Adam finds out that the residents of 300 Fox Way know that Gansey is going to die before the next May, I believe is the month when the yearly upcoming deaths happens. And we get meet Colin, the guy who hired the Gray Man last book, and his wife! And the guy that has a lot of experience with ley lines!

And we learn that there are actually 3 sleepers, one to wake, one not to, and one in the middle. And they wake up the daughter of the king, who was used as a easier grave to be found to protect her dad's one. Which is just kinda mean! And it's her dad that left her, and she was awake still. 600 years like that! And she knows Blue's dad! But that Adam is probably the middle sleeper! And 3 is a very important number! And Colin's wife wife wakes up the sleeper that shouldn't be woken up! And Blue's aunt, Neeve, is there! Yeah, the next book, the final book, is going to be pretty excellent!

The song for this book, is I Know Places by Taylor Swift, the song was on repeat when I was reading this book, and now listening to it afterwards, I can remember reading it, not specific scenes that I've noticed, but just being reminded of this book, so yeah!

Favourite lines: Hey! Don't you hear me? Don't do anything stupid. It ate my deer thing." Very articulate, Roman! Sounds like something I'd say! "Jesse Dittley's death dominated the newspapers. One of the articles had noted that the valley was beginning to look like a dangerous place to live: Niall Lynch, Joseph Kavinsky, Jesse Dittley, Persephone Poldma. Everyone had been surprised to discover Persephone had a last name." Which is just a bit sad!

Such a great book, and another ending that just wants me to have the 4th and final book in my hands!

Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Series: The Raven Cycle #3
Read: November 21st, 2014
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Love this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Published: October 21st 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!