Saturday, January 14, 2012

Week 2 Review: Halflings

From Goodreads:
After being inexplicably targeted by an evil intent on harming her at any cost, seventeen-year-old Nikki finds herself under the watchful guardianship of three mysterious young men who call themselves halflings. Sworn to defend her, misfits Mace, Raven, and Vine battle to keep Nikki safe while hiding their deepest secret—and the wings that come with. 

A growing attraction between Nikki and two of her protectors presents a whole other danger. While she risks a broken heart, Mace and Raven could lose everything, including their souls. As the mysteries behind the boys' powers, as well as her role in a scientist’s dark plan, unfold, Nikki is faced with choices that will affect the future of an entire race of heavenly beings, as well as the precarious equilibrium of the earthly world.


My Review:
This was a pretty great angel book! Excellent world building, it was unique, and pretty intricate, and there's going to be at least 1 more book, seeing where this one ended at! Plus, there's a love triangle, one that I really can't wait to dive right back into!

I really enjoyed the world building, like I said, because yeah, there were all sorts of checks and balances, and waiting for responses, and just yeah, they have power, but they have a very strict set of rules to abide by. And they're Halflings, part angel, so yeah, there's that.

I really enjoyed the love triangle both boys can offer Nikki something, and they are both good for her in different ways, and she's good for them in different ways, and it'd almost be easier if Mace and Raven were like, merged into one person, then everybody would be happy!

I really enjoyed this book, and I can't wait for Guardian!

Author: Heather Burch
Series: Halflings #1
Read: January 11th-16th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Debut Author Challenge, and looked interesting!
Publisher: Zondervan Publishing
Expected Publication: February 1st 2012
4/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!