Saturday, January 14, 2012

Week 2 Review: Prophecy of the Sisters

From Goodreads:
An ancient prophecy divides two sisters-

One good...

One evil...

Who will prevail?

Twin sisters Lia and Alice Milthorpe have just become orphans. They have also become enemies. As they discover their roles in a prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other, the girls find themselves entangled in a mystery that involves a tattoo-like mark, their parents' deaths, a boy, a book, and a lifetime of secrets. 

Lia and Alice don't know whom they can trust.

They just know they can't trust each other.


My Review:
This book starts off really, really sad. It's her dad's funeral, and there's the twins, Henry, their little brother, and their Aunt Victoria. And it ends with a funeral (but I'm not saying who, but it's sad, too!) As it progresses, we find out about this mysterious prophecy, where order of birth matters in title, but not temperance, and there's angels and devils, and the end of the world at stake. Quite an interesting and captivating book!

We learn about the keys, and what would've been considered "magical" gifts, and the mystery deepens, and we learn quite a few things, though not enough to keep some bad things from happening. Quite interesting, and creepy, there's hints of what could happen, with strange incidents, and warnings as Lia comes into her power, all so great to read!

I liked the romance, and how it maybe shouldn't be that viable, and I wish it might've had more time, because from what I've read of the summaries of the next 2 books, something is going to happen to it. Which is going to be sad, so I wish we could've seen more of it. Yep.

I really enjoyed reading this book, it was addictive, with mystery and danger, and yeah, it was just really good!

Author: Michelle Zink
Series: Prophecy of the Sisters #1
Read: January 7th-8th, 2012
Source: BookMooch Friend
Reason Why: I've seen the series around, and wanted to read it! Book on the FtBRC Teen Journey. Also a book on my TBR Pile Reading Challenge. And the YA Historical Fiction challenge. Yeah.
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Published: August 1st 2009
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!