Saturday, January 21, 2012

Week 3 Review: me@you.com

From Goodreads:
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you've never met? Imogen Summers thinks so – because it's happened to her. 

Immy is a normal 18 year old, with a normal life, a normal family and a normal boyfriend. But when she finds herself falling for a girl on an internet message board, a girl she knows only as the mysterious Fickle, her so-called normal life is suddenly turned on its head. 

As her relationship with Fickle develops into more than just friendship, Immy finds another message board friend, the sweet and lovely Joey, the perfect person to confide in. But can Joey stay out of it when she starts to fall for Immy herself? Things are about to get complicated...

My Review:
I have to say this was the first book that I read that I remember that has lesbian characters. And this is a fault of my own, I'm pretty sheltered, and yeah, this was a good thing for me, it shaped some of my attitudes, so that I'm treating it just like I would with a romance between a girl and a guy, I hope!

There was only one part that I didn't like, and that was when the mean girl was in Immy's life. Immy didn't deserve that, not at all, and it's really too bad that she had to go through that, but yeah, that doesn't mean I don't like the book, I didn't like the situations she had to face, that's how much I liked it!

So yeah, romance is a pretty big part of this book, but so is identity, finding out who she is, what she likes, who she likes, what she wants to do, because she's just about to graduate, and her life is changing, and she has a few big decisions to make!

Yeah, this was a pretty fantastic book, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and yeah!

Author: K.E. Payne
Read: January 19th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a Debut Author Challenge book!
Publisher: Bold Strokes Books
Published: January 17th 2012
4/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
3.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!