Saturday, January 28, 2012

Week 4 Review: Someone Else's Life

From Goodreads:
When seventeen-year-old Rosie's mother, Trudie, dies from Huntington's Disease, her pain is intensified by the knowledge that she has a fifty-per-cent chance of inheriting the crippling disease herself. Only when she tells her mum's best friend, 'Aunt Sarah' that she is going to test for the disease does Sarah, a midwife, reveal that Trudie was not her biological mother after all... Devastated, Rosie decides to trace her real mother, hitching along on her ex-boyfriend's GAP year to follow her to Los Angeles. But all does not go to plan, and as Rosie discovers yet more of her family's deeply-buried secrets and lies, she is left with an agonising decision of her own - one which will be the most heart-breaking and far-reaching of all...

My Review:
What can I say about this book? That I loved it? Check. That it was incredible? Check. That I wish that I could read it again for the first time? Check. Oh, what else? That pretty anybody who reads and likes YA should read this book? Double check!

So the book starts off with Rosie, who's mom just died of Huntington's Disesase, after she dropped out of school to take care of her mom. But there's a secret-Rosie was switched at birth with another girl, and thus starts Rosie's journey to Los Angeles, to find her birth parents, and tell the other girl that she has a 50% chance of having Huntington's Disease herself.

And yeah, what an incredible journey, we learn a lot about Huntington's, about both girl's lives, and I loved the back and forth things, and the "almost happened" stuff, where two important people in the story almost meet, and yeah, that was just awesome, and I really loved it!

This was such a great book, and I just enjoyed it so much!

Author: Katie Dale
Read: January 27th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded interesting, so I wanted to read it! And it's a DAC book!
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Children's Books
Expected Publication: February 2nd 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!