Saturday, January 28, 2012

Week 4 Review: The Lonely Girls Club

From Goodreads:
At an exclusive California prep school, four young girls form a bond that will endure over two decades -- a bond built on secrets, scandal and murder . . . a bond about to be broken.

Mattie, a federal judge . . . Breeze, a wealthy entrepreneur . . . and Jane, the first lady of the United States, have all enjoyed a meteoric rise to success since their days at the Rowe Academy for Girls. But now the truth behind the suicide of their friend Ivy and the murder of their headmistress twenty years ago is no longer safely hidden.

The man imprisoned for the murder has been exonerated, and a true crime reporter is relentlessly pursuing a loose thread in the decades-old cover-up, one that threatens to unravel the women's pact of silence. But none of them anticipated the twisted depths of the secrets about to be exposed -- or how the truth could shatter all their lives.

My Review:
I really enjoyed this book, from the mystery of Ivy's death, the headmistress, and yeah, how the one guy was framed. And I really enjoyed the characters, because there were 3 that we got POV's on, because Ivy was dead. Yeah. Well, actually we got 4, because of Jameson Cross, the reporter. We got his POV, too!

First off, the whole idea of the Lonely Girls Club, a bit heartbreaking. A group of girls, by some means or another, whether by being a charity case at the school, or having angered the headmistress, roped into performing sexual acts on men. And those girls becoming a club? That's just sad, that they were put in that situation!

I really enjoyed reading the present, and the bits of the past that led up to the whole murder, the first one. And yeah, while I wish that we could've had more details of Ivy's death, what we got was pretty good! And yeah, it was just a good ending!

I really enjoyed this book, and I hope she writes more like this, beyond the other 2 that I know about!

Author: Suzanne Forster
Read: January 27th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: I wanted to, and because it's a FtBRC book!
Publisher: Mira
Published: August 1st 2005
4/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!