Saturday, January 14, 2012

Week 2 Review: Forbidden

From Goodreads:
Seventeen-year-old Lochan and sixteen-year-old Maya have always felt more like friends than siblings. Together they have stepped in for their alcoholic, wayward mother to take care of their three younger siblings. As defacto parents to the little ones, Lochan and Maya have had to grow up fast. And the stress of their lives—and the way they understand each other so completely—has also also brought them closer than two siblings would ordinarily be. So close, in fact, that they have fallen in love. Their clandestine romance quickly blooms into deep, desperate love. They know their relationship is wrong and cannot possibly continue. And yet, they cannot stop what feels so incredibly right. As the novel careens toward an explosive and shocking finale, only one thing is certain: a love this devastating has no happy ending.

My Review:
This was a heart-breaking novel. Before I read it, I thought what the characters though others would think of it. But then as I was reading it, I saw their situation, and how they felt, and they were between a rock and a hard place.

Honestly? I think that as long as they don't have a kid together, or at least, one where one of them is the biological parent, they shouldn't be forced apart. That's about the only danger, a kid messed up with siblings for parents.

Especially in their situation. They've been parents for their siblings for so long, their mom isn't any help, and they are all that the younger ones have. So it's a terrible situation, and it's their mom's fault, and she's the one that messes them up more. She really shouldn't have been a parent, at all.

The ending was really sad. And unfortunately, I think that it was the most likely of scenarios, which just makes it all that much worse, because I was rooting for them in the end, but in the end, well, it didn't turn out that way at all, and it's just sad.

This was a really fantastic book, and I'd almost want a sequel that's supernatural to bring him back, with different DNA so biologically he's not her brother any more!

Author; Tabitha Suzuma
Read: January 12th-13th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: WTC book, and I think maybe an RR maybe. I think.
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Published: July 28th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!