Saturday, January 28, 2012

Week 4 Review: Stolen Away

From Goodreads:
For seventeen years, Eloise Hart had no idea the world of Faery even existed. Now she has been abducted and trapped in the Rath of Lord Strahan, King of Faery. Strahan was only meant to rule for seven years, as Faery tradition dictates, and then give up his crown to another. But he won't comply, and now chaos threatens both worlds.

The only one who can break his stranglehold on the Faery court is his wife. . . Eloise's aunt Antonia. Using Eloise to lure Antonia, Strahan captures his wife, desperate to end the only threat to his reign. Now Eloise must become the rescuer. Together with her best friends Jo and Devin, she must forge alliances with other Fae, including a gorgeous protector named Lucas, and Strahan's mysterious son, Eldric-who may or may not betray them. 

My Review:
This was a fantastic book! And I'd really love it if it became a series, because it was a really intriguing world, one that I'd love to spend some more time in! It was kinda really addicting, and interesting, and entertaining!

First off, the premise is awesome, Fae and Faery, and it's traditions, and the whole kidnap one person to get another, and then the original kidnap victim working to save the second? That's just plain awesome, if kinda stupid on the part of the kidnapper, though I guess he didn't really have a choice in letting Eloise go.

I enjoyed the various POV's, so we know more then what's going on Eloise's head, we were in her friend's heads, because they helped, and things were weird and crazy, and there was love growing in a few places, which just added more and making things more complicated and amazing!

Yeah, this was a pretty fantastic book, and again, I'd love for it to be a series, because I want more! Especially since we didn't get much Eloise in the end!

Author: Alyxandra Harvey
Read: January 26th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded interesting!
Publisher: Walker Childrens
Published: January 17th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!