Monday, October 29, 2012

Precious Bones: Review

From Goodreads:
When the skeletal remains of a young woman and her baby are found entombed behind the kitchen wall of a historic Tudor house, Cassandra is overcome with grief. She seems to know who the young woman was, but not how she knows or how she came to be there. 

Cassandra becomes inexplicably drawn to the house and the mystery of the "Bones of Blackfriars." As she begins to learn the truth about the Thorne siblings who occupied the house during the reign of Elizabeth I, her own life takes an unexpected turn and she finds that her fate is linked to the Thornes in ways she never imagined.

My Review:
This was a really awesome book! I loved the history in it, and the characters, and the circumstances that the characters were in, because yeah, it was really great to read this book! Really, I enjoyed this book a ton!

How Cassandra is connected to the mom and the baby, and what she experiences because that was half the book. The other half was the connection and the romance between her and the modern day Thorne! So great!

So in the past parts of the book, those injustices that were in society at the time, that the characters faced, just made my blood boil! I really don't like injustice, I want to make things right and fair, but I can't, because it already happened before I was born.

I cared about what happened in this book. That was why it could get those reactions for me. And yeah, not fun to have that negative emotion, but oh, well! There were positives, so they balanced themselves out pretty nicely!

I enjoyed this book a lot, it was well written and great!

Author: Irina Shapiro
Read: October 29th, 2012
Source: Lightning Books Promotion Review Copy
Reason Why: sounded like an interesting book!
Published: 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
3.5/5 Stars









Bio:
I was born in Moscow, Russia during the hight of Communism and "enjoyed" the life of an average Russian child until my family's immigration to the United States in 1982.  We settled in Brooklyn, NY where I finished school and then graduated from Bernard M. Baruch College in New York City with a degree in International Business.  Despite my business degree, history and travel have always been my passions and I have tried to incorporate my knowledge and experiences into my stories.

I currently live in New Jersey with my husband and two children.

Contact and Buy AKA Links:


Stops on the Tour:
October:
26th Sammy @ Sammy the Bookworm
27th Elizabeth @ Stuffed Shelves
28th Phaedra @ Identity Discovery 
29th Maryann @ Chapter by Chapter
29th Louisa @ Words I Write Crazy
30th Suzy @ Suzy Henderson
31st Julia @ Talk Story TV

November:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!