Saturday, October 6, 2012

Week 40 Review: The City's Son

From Goodreads:
Running from her traitorous best friend and her estranged father, graffiti artist Beth Bradley is looking for sanctuary. What she finds is Urchin, the ragged and cocky crown prince of London's mystical underworld. Urchin opens Beth's eyes to the city she's never truly seen-where vast spiders crawl telephone wires seeking voices to steal, railwraiths escape their tethers, and statues conceal an ancient priesthood robed in bronze.

But it all teeters on the brink of destruction. Amid rumors that Urchin's goddess mother will soon return from her 15-year exile, Reach, a malign god of urban decay, wants the young prince dead. Helping Urchin raise an alleyway army to reclaim his skyscraper throne, Beth soon forgets her old life. But when her best friend is captured, Beth must choose between this wondrous existence and the life she left behind.

My Review:
This book, it's one of the top one best books that I've read in 2012. That's how much I enjoyed it, it was so fantastic, compelling, a book that I just had to read! I enjoyed it so much, and I'm so glad that it's a series, because that means that I can have more, yeah!

This world of magic, of deity cities, and all sorts of weird and incredible things, was just the best! And then being able to explore it for the first time with Beth, oh, yes, this was a really fantastic experience! Yeah, loved this book!

So imaginative, this book, in the world, everything that was going on, and the plot twists! Like, what happened to her, the goddess mother, and Reach, and how everything was connected, that was just utterly awesome-sauce!

I am so glad that this book is the start of the series, that it is a series. Because that means that we get more time in this world, even if it isn't Beth and Fil starring. They'll probably be in the sequel, but not as prominent. But I bet that they'll come back big in the 3rd book!

This was such a great, fantastic, entertaining, amazing book! I loved it so much, and I can't wait to read more!

Author: Tom Pollock
Series: The Skyscraper Throne #1
Read: September 30th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really, really good, and it's a DAC book!
Publisher: Flux
Published: August 2nd 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!