Saturday, October 6, 2012

Week 40 Review: Bad Taste in Boys

From Goodreads:
Someone's been a very bad zombie.

Kate Grable is horrified to find out that the football coach has given the team steroids. Worse yet, the steriods are having an unexpected effect, turning hot gridiron hunks into mindless flesh-eating zombies. No one is safe--not her cute crush Aaron, not her dorky brother, Jonah . . . not even Kate! She's got to find an antidote--before her entire high school ends up eating each other. So Kate, her best girlfriend, Rocky, and Aaron stage a frantic battle to save their town  . . . and stay hormonally human.

My Review:
This was a really, really hilarious book! From the voice of Kate, the narrator, to the writing, to just what was going on, in a morbid way, it was funny! I mean, a gym teacher giving out something that turns out to make those that drank it into zombies? Just improbable and funny!

And Kate, well, she has a pretty scientific mind, so seeing a creature that is usually paranormal, and being able to explain it in science, partially because science was what changed these people, was so amazing to read! I loved it!

OK, not all of Kate's decisions made sense. But I'm not as science focused as she is, I'm a reader who didn't do too well in English, because it's all classics and boring stuff. If they read stuff like this in school, reading would be so much more popular! And that got off topic!

I loved how real these characters felt, and the situations that they got into! Like her, Aaron, Jonah, they had their problems, and where separate from each other, and were just fantastic people to read about! And they got a pretty good ending, even if it's a series!

Such a great book, and I can't wait for the sequel, I know it's going to be great!

Author: Carrie Harris
Series: Kate Grable #1
Read: October 4th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a really interesting book!
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Published: July 12th 2011
5/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
4/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!