Saturday, October 20, 2012

Week 42 Review: Carnival of Souls

From Goodreads:
In a city of daimons, rigid class lines separate the powerful from the power-hungry. And at the heart of The City is the Carnival of Souls, where both murder and pleasure are offered up for sale. Once in a generation, the carnival hosts a deadly competition that allows every daimon a chance to join the ruling elite. Without the competition, Aya and Kaleb would both face bleak futures--if for different reasons. For each of them, fighting to the death is the only way to try to live.

All Mallory knows of The City is that her father--and every other witch there--fled it for a life in exile in the human world. Instead of a typical teenage life full of friends and maybe even a little romance, Mallory scans quiet streets for threats, hides herself away, and trains to be lethal. She knows it's only a matter of time until a daimon finds her and her father, so she readies herself for the inevitable. While Mallory possesses little knowledge of The City, every inhabitant of The City knows of her. There are plans for Mallory, and soon she, too, will be drawn into the decadence and danger that is the Carnival of Souls.

My Review:
I really hope that there's a sequel to this book! I loved this world, and where things left, well, that was pretty cliff hanger-y, and I want to know what's going to happen next, because there has to be something more, then just this ending!

I enjoyed reading about these characters, and how they're separate, but as these connections start to appear, and things started to come together, and with the twists, oh, man, this book kept me on my toes, turning the pages for more!

I just loved how much these characters, and these things were interconnected! Like something would be mentioned off hand, and you'd think that it didn't really mean anything, but then it turns out, it connected to something else, which made it much more important!

I really, really hope that this is a series! That ending, it was just too open-ended, and things weren't really tied up! I want to know more about what's going to happen, after all that manipulation and everything happened! I needs to know!

This was a really fantastic book, and I would really, really love to have more!

Author: Melissa Marr
Read: October 14th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Enjoyed her Wicked Lovely series, and it sounded really good!
Publisher: Harper Collins
Published: September 4th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!