Saturday, October 6, 2012

Week 40 Review: Beyond

From Goodreads:
Jane is not your typical teen. She and her best friend Lexi call themselves the Creep Sisters. Only Lexi knows why Jane is different from anyone else: Her own shadow seems to pull her into near-fatal accidents. Jane is determined to find out why these terrifying things happen, and to overcome her shadow enemy. Her sleuthing with Lexi connects her own horrors to the secret history of a serial killer.

My Review:
Oh, man, this was a really great book! All creepy and dark, but not in a horror show kind of way, that kind of terror. More gentle, like, yeah, it's dark, matter of fact kind of way, that wasn't terrifying, but could be scary!

I loved the relationship between Jane and Lexi. They were individuals, but they had a pretty close knit relationship, a friendship between girls that isn't often in books. Or at least, not that I notice! Like, not the closeness that was in this book!

The mystery in this book, was a pretty big part of it! There were all these clues, and when they all came together, yeah, that was just great, it was like, oh, I didn't know that was a piece of the puzzle, but it's a pretty important piece! I loved that!

Reading this book, it was just really enjoyable! The world with her shadow, and the guy that was connected to things, and everything that happened, I just really enjoyed reading it! I'm really glad that I read this book, and lucky that I got it as an e-ARC!

Really great book, really interesting and fun and great book!

Author: Graham McNamee
Read: September 30th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded like a really good book!
Publisher: Wendy Lamb Books
Published: September 11th 2012
5/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
3.5/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!